ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS IN THE AREA OF RECREATION, RECREATION FACILITIES, RECREATIONAL PRODUCTS AND RECREATIONAL/SPORTS PROTECTIVE/EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, HEALTH AND FITNESS CLUBS|
Dr. C. J. Abraham, P.E.
3 Baker Hill Road, Great Neck, NY 11023
Chi siamo (Italiano)
About Scientific Advisory Services, Ltd.
Curriculum Vitae Dr. C. J. Abraham
What Effect Does Protective Headgear Have on Reducing the Impact to the Brain in Soccer and All Other Sports? [PDF]
New Materials Award of the Textile Institute
Amusement Park Accident Verdict
Overcoming Federal Preemption
Playgrounds and Amusement Parks
Concussions - Your Body Is Nothing Without A Brain [PDF]
Prior Trial Results
Human Factors, Safety & Hazard Analysis
Toy Design & Safety
Warnings & Instructions
Sports & Recreation Safety
OSHA and Labor Law
Slips, Trips & Falls
Recreation & Sports Accidents
Columbia University Presentation
The Flammable Fabrics Act: An Unreasonably Dangerous Act
Flammable Fabrics Case
A New Standard of Care in
Absorbing and Dissipating Forces
A Viable Product vs. The Legal System
Concussions, Head Injuries and the Textile Industry [PDF]
Concussions and Potential Risks in Children and Adults [PDF]
United States District Court Decision: Allison Nowak, et al Plaintiffs v. Faberge U.S.A. and Precision Valve Corporation, Defendants
Arnau v. WC Maui Coast LLC, et al.; U.S. District Court, District of Mawaii
Industrial Products & Equipment
Improved Protection For Sports Helmets
News – Battery Petition
NHTSA Petition: Battery Explosions
Soccer – Head Injuries and Protection
National Alliance for Youth Sports – SportingKid Magazine – Fall 2007
Dr. Abraham at Columbia University [PDF]
ForceField FF Headbands
- Licensed P. E. and Certified Safety Engineer
- Licensed Professional Engineer with a specialty in Safety Engineering and Design
- Diplomate in Sports and Recreation Safety (Over 42 years of consulting experience in the areas of safety on sports and recreation
- Former Director of Sports, Recreation & the Athletics Division of Inter-City Testing & Consulting Corporation for twenty-eight years.
- Member of the ASTM from 1964 to the present time involved directly in creating safety standards for residential and commercial (public) playgrounds.
- Certified in warnings and instructions-created warnings and instructions for many products
- Consulted to municipalities throughout the United States and Canada in safety in their parks and playgrounds (Boston, MA; Brockton, MA; New York City; Brooklyn; Nassau County and London, Canada to name a few)
- Presented seminars to the graduating class of mechanical engineers at Columbia University School of Mechanical Engineering covering subjects relating to safety and design of playground activities and exercise equipment
- Consulted to ABC and CBS on amusement park accidents
- Consulted to WPTV, Channel 5, Florida on the safety of public recreational facilities for children
- Consulted on the safety of activities at amusement parks including water parks (Splish Splash in Suffolk County, Coney Island, Six Flags, Chuck E Cheese and Disney World)
- Consulted on cruise lines with reference to safety of their recreational activities and exercise equipment
- Consulted on cases involving various health and fitness clubs i.e. physical trainers, exercise equipment, swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and slip and fall accidents.
- Consulted to Wave Runners (Wave Loch Inc.)
- Consulted on tennis pitching machines (Lobster Inc.)
- Consulted on McDonald's and Burger King's children's play area
- Member of the ASTM committee on the safety of paintball facilities
- Member of the Executive Committee and consultant in the area of engineering and human factors to the Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC) (1980-1998)
- U.S. Delegate-International Standards Organization (ISO) (1988-1998)
- Member Safety & Protective Equipment Committee (SPEC) of USA Hockey (1996-2008)
- Inventor of the Bio-Lite football facemask licensed to Riddell
- Inventor of the ForceField FF Headband www.forcefieldheadbands.com)
- Creator of warnings and instructions for many sports products
- Consulted to Intamin AG (Switzerland - rollercoasters)
- Consulted to Northern Lights (manufacturer of fitness equipment)
- Consulted to MicroSoft - Kinesiology Studies, Human Movements and Muscle Impacts, Warnings and Instructions
- Consulted on cruise ships with reference to the safety of their activity areas for passengers.
- Consulted on news programs on the safety of public playgrounds
- Consulted for Chuck E Cheese with reference to the safety of the activities in their activity center.
- Presentations made throughout the United States and Europe on sport injuries to both children and adults.
- I was the founder and CEO of Inter-City Testing & Consulting Corp., a national company from 1970 to 1998. In that capacity I directed the consulting, testing, reconstruction and evaluation of a variety of sports and recreation facility cases. Among the cases I consulted on and evaluated were a large number of fitness equipment accidents.